Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-25 Origin: Site
With the widespread use of water purification equipment in the water treatment industry, reverse osmosis membranes are gradually gaining traction. The cost of reverse osmosis membranes is one of the main concerns of consumers. If done properly in the design, pre-treatment, daily maintenance and self-cleaning design of the reverse osmosis system, the service life of the reverse osmosis membrane can be extended and system operating costs greatly reduced. Good maintenance will help extend the life of the reverse osmosis membrane.
1. Prevent damage to membrane performance
New reverse osmosis membrane elements are usually stored in sealed plastic bags after being infiltrated with a 1% aqueous solution of NaHSO3 and 18% glycerol. If the plastic bag is not broken, it can be stored for about 1 year without affecting its life and performance. When the plastic bag is opened, it should be used as soon as possible to avoid the oxidation of NaHSO3 in the air, which can have a negative effect on the components. Therefore the film should be opened as soon as possible before use.
We have used two methods to protect the film after commissioning the equipment. After two days of commissioning (15-24h), we use 2% formaldehyde solution for maintenance; or after 2-6h of operation, we use 1% aqueous solution of NaHSO3 for maintenance (the air in the pipeline of the equipment should be exhausted to ensure that the equipment does not leak, and all import and export valves should be closed). Both methods give satisfactory results. The first method is more costly and is used when the equipment is idle for a long time, while the second method is used when it is idle for a short time.
2. The specialist skills required for the maintenance of reverse osmosis equipment.
(1) Regular maintenance, immediate removal and replacement of high precision filter cartridges to avoid environmental contamination of reverse osmosis equipment reverse osmosis membrane particles generated by installation or product quality leakage of filter cartridges.
(2) Reverse osmosis plant quartz sand filter on time softener. Backwashing with air compressed gas friction. After the softener has reached the standard, it is left to stand for about 10 min, followed by a positive wash. The water output from the positive wash meets the standard before delivery. It is not necessary to bring the gas to the reverse osmosis membrane.
(3) High-pressure cleaning pump channel working pressure should be at least more than 0.05mpa, in order to avoid high-pressure cleaning pump will gas or reverse osmosis equipment before the interception of dirty pump injection reverse osmosis equipment reverse osmosis membrane. In order to ensure the long-term, safe and smooth operation of the reverse osmosis equipment, the management aspect of the reverse osmosis equipment should be improved, and the transformation of the main parameters of operation should be dealt with in a timely manner to regulate the operation standard of the machine and equipment.
(4) Carry out test profiling of the water produced by the reverse osmosis equipment on a regular basis and immediately adjust the amount of water treatment flocculants, biocides, oxidisers and reverse osmosis scale inhibitors used in accordance with the actual situation.
(5) The reverse osmosis membrane should be cleaned immediately if the water production rate of a normalised reverse osmosis plant is reduced by 10 compared to the original application, or if the water production and salt content are significantly elevated under special conditions, or if the pressure difference is elevated by 15.
(6) The reverse osmosis membrane of the reverse osmosis equipment should be cleaned at low voltage on time, especially in summer. If the length of shutdown exceeds 7 days, 0.5~1 sodium bisulphite or 0.5~1 formaldehyde solution should be applied to maintain the reverse osmosis membrane of the reverse osmosis equipment. And immediately test the pH and concentration value of the maintenance solution.
(7) Concentrated water flow should be adjusted immediately, the utilization rate should be maintained at 75 up and down. Concentrated water in the concentration of micro-soluble salts must not exceed the soluble accumulation and scale accumulation, all should not consume water, that is, should do economic situation situation.